The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) Drawdown USA Research Association (Drawdown USA) is made possible with support from NCSE in partnership with Project Drawdown. Drawdown USA is working to catalyze the development of robust regional models for the implementation of the Drawdown solutions in the United States and to further use of science and research to support implementation of the solutions set forth by Project Drawdown.
What is Drawdown?
Drawdown is the point in time when the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere begins to decline on a year-to-year basis. It is the prerequisite for restoring our natural carbon cycle and reversing global warming. Project Drawdown is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to identifying and researching strategies that can help society achieve Drawdown.
Science to Action
Drawdown USA will further the work to retain and grow the science and research informing solutions that achieve significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions. The goals of the NCSE Drawdown USA Research Association are to:
- Educate current and future leaders on the science of Drawdown.
- Develop tools for assessing the feasibility and optimizing the deployment of Drawdown solutions.
- Document and share information on effective implementation of Drawdown solutions at local and regional scales.
- Engage and facilitate collaboration between researchers, scientists, decision-makers, and other stakeholders to sustain the development and application of conceptual tools to help implement solutions.
Get Involved With Drawdown USA
Join the Drawdown USA Slack workspace to collaborate and connect with colleagues. Please contact Michelle Wyman for additional information.
- Sign up for the Drawdown USA email list.