Climate Science Research in the United States and U.S. Territories
Released in November 2019, Climate Science Research in the United States and U.S. Territories: Survey of Scientific Publications From Selected Public Universities (2014–2018) provides a snapshot of the scope and focus of climate science-related research in selected public research institutions over the last five years across all 50 states and U.S. territories. NCSE analyzed the research of 80 public institutions from all 50 states and found that they had produced 10,004 studies on the impacts of climate change on their regions between 2014 and 2018. Learn more.
Education Research Reports
NCSE produces reports that provide analysis on national trends in environmental and sustainability education and research. These groundbreaking reports are highly valued by higher education administrators, federal government agencies, educators, researchers, policymakers, students, and others interested in IESE education and research.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Energy Programs in Higher Education in the United States: Assessing Trends Across Two Pathways to Knowledge Development (2018)
- Scope of Interdisciplinary Environmental, Sustainability and Energy Baccalaureate and Graduate Education in the U.S. (2017)
- Partner Report: The Inclusion of Environmental Justice Curricular Content in Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Degree Programs (2016)
- Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Education and Research: Leadership and Administrative Structures (2014)
- Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Education and Research: Institutes and Centers at Research Universities (2014)
- Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Education and Research: Results from the Census of Community Colleges (2014)
- Sustainability Education: Results from the Census of Four Year U.S. Colleges and Universities (2013)
- Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Education on the Nation’s Campuses 2012: Curriculum Design (2013)
- Non-traditional and Broad Energy Education: Results from the Census of U.S. Four Year Colleges and Universities (2013)
- Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Education: Results from the Census of U.S. Four-Year Colleges and Universities (2012)
- Interdisciplinary Environmental Education on the Nation’s Campuses: Elements of Field Identity and Curriculum Design (2010)
Reports and resources by NCSE leaders in Energy Education (formerly the Council of Energy Research and Education Leaders):
NCSE Peer-Reviewed Publications
NCSE and CEDD edited a special issue of the Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences (JESS) titled Negotiating Boundaries: Effective Leadership of Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Programs (June 2016).
The special issue explores the challenges and opportunities confronting higher education related to leadership at a variety of levels and the creation of linkages between students, faculty, administration, and community stakeholders necessary to address the many “wicked problems” facing society. Articles address four primary themes—Interdisciplinary Team Building Strategies, Curriculum and Community Connections, Institution-Level Leadership and Perspectives, and Interdisciplinary Leadership and Scholarship Support.
This issue was edited by Shirley Vincent (National Council for Science and the Environment), Christopher Boone (Arizona State University), Antje Danielson (MIT), David Gosselin (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), Roderic Parnell (Northern Arizona University), and Deana Pennington (University of Texas-El Paso).